Ph Teoh Sin Yee, RPhProfessional Training Specialist
“He that takes medicine and neglects diet or nutrition, wastes the skills of the physician.”
Teoh grew up in the beautiful Penang island where she fell in love with the food and cultures of the warm, friendly local community. Since young, she aspires to take care of the health of her family members, especially the grandparents who have raised her up during childhood. She graduated from Monash University, Melbourne in Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours.
Understanding the importance of practical training, Teoh has started to work as part-time pharmacy assistant since second university year. She completed her internship and obtained full registration in Australia before coming back to practice as a pharmacist in Malaysia. Teoh founded and managed Pharmahome Pharmacy. Throughout her 11 years of community pharmacy work experience, continuing professional development has always kept a special place in her heart. Hence, she opted to participate as Professional Training Specialist in Alpro Academy to follow her passion in staff education and development. Her areas of interests are blood test interpretations, medication safety and health supplements. She also strongly believes that the right nutrition and supplementation play important roles in maintaining a person’s health.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours), Monash University, Melbourne
- Registered Pharmacist in Australia and Malaysia
- Founder of Pharmahome Pharmacy
- Secretary of Northern Pharmacists’ Convention 2015
- Current Secretary of Malaysian Community Pharmacy Guild (MCPG) Northern Region
- Secretary of International World Pharmacists’ Day Convention (Theme: The Frontier of Pharmacy Practice) 2016
- Press Conference Assistant of World Pharmacists’ Day Game 2017
- Program Book Coordinator of Pharmacy Convention Northern Region (Advancing the Pharmacy Profession-Pharmacists as Medicine Expert) 2018
- Professional Training Specialist for Alpro Academy